During the past weekend, students have cleaned the Studio space on their own and hopefully from now on, the courses can take place in the studio!
After the task explanation by Pro. Kwami, students divide into three groups of five and start brainstorming on the subject of Social Impact Design.
The brainstorming continues during the week and the groups start mass researching on Social Design.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE SESSION:
1. Social impact design; the impact is important, social design is easy.
2. Charity-oriented design = not working
3. Creating a business model = a win-win situation
4. Designing to be profitable
To be produced and organized by the end of the term:
- An open-source resource center (including definitions, literature, examples, companies and institutions, talks, quotes, etc.)
- A toolkit
- A number of Products
- A final exhibition